Monday, June 30, 2008

Lobsta' Season

Tis' the the season for LOBSTER!!! I don't know what it is about this crustacean that just puts people in such a great mood (especially New Englanders!)!

Ever since I was a little girl, lobster has played an eminent role in my interpretation of "summertime"! My family would visit my dad's brother & his family in York, Maine, where our Uncle Johnny had his own lobster traps. It was tradition for us Rohrer Girls, to bring all of our Cabbage Patch Kid clothing with us to play "dress-up" with the lobsters my uncle had caught. I am not sure at what age I finally determined what a DISTURBING tradition this really was?!?! Great... we're going to dress up our lobster, treat them like our babies and then throw them into a boiling pot of water and eat them for dinner?!?!?! This is one tradition I do not think I will pass along. LOL!!
No matter how you serve them (shelled, just the tail, lobster bisque or a lobster roll) it's DELICIOUS!!! And most importantly, brings me back to the fondest of memories... So no matter where you are, if you have the craving...satisfy yourself!!!


video

No comments:

Brooke's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive