Monday, October 6, 2008

Tippy, tippy canoe (or kayak)!!!

So, this past weekend Whitney & I took my mom kayaking on the Charles River (mind you, not the cleanest water) in Boston for her birthday. This was supposed to be a relaxing morning/afternoon, but does anything ever go as expected?!?!
Here is Whitney sporting a retro circa 1970 life jacket...

Mom, are we going fly fishing or kayaking?!?!Kristina is ready to "row, row, row" her kayak...

Alright, time to get in the water...

And yes... immediately after entering the water, I paddled a little too hard to turn around and COMPLETELY CAPSIZED my kayak!!! Yup, I was drenched from head to toe, and FREEZING!!! Not to mention a little concerned about growing a third leg from the toxins in the river!

I guess all my years of experience canoeing as a Girl Scout reached it's statute of limitations!!! Thankfully we were all dressed in enough layers of clothing that I was able to rally, change my clothes and head out again! Quite the experience!!!

1 comment:

Katy said...

Leave it to you Brooke to capsize in the Charles!

Brooke's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive