Thursday, January 29, 2009

More White Stuff...

Well, I guess that title could easily be misconstrued... I meant SNOW! Yes, we got a boat-load more yesterday. So as the pretty flakes started to accumulate, it got me thinking about how bad it must be to be a dog in New England in the winter. (Yes, I actually had this conversation with myself in my head!) If you could use indoor plumbing or wore shoes, it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but they don't. A few clips of Genny trying to maneuver her little legs through the deep, wet, heavy stuff...

video

video

Now, here we are the day after all the white stuff and although it looks pretty, it TRULY is a dog's worst nightmare!! All of the soft fluffy snow that blanketed the yard yesterday was coated with freezing rain topped with cold temperatures overnight, creating a hard, crunchy-on-top, deceiving ground cover for Poor Genny... watch as she tries to run towards me and gets stuck several times... Poor thing!

video

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor litlle baby. They have litlle shoes for dogs to go out on the day like this. I imagine Genny probably looking at you and saying "momy what in the world are you doing this to me. I will be good... I will be good... Just let go home... Well loved the photos. Just imagine the poor homeless little dogs and cats without a place to rest... I am going to cry...

Brooke's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive