Thursday, December 31, 2009

Auld Lang Syne...

I never knew the meaning of the traditional New Year's song,
"Auld Lang Syne" until I looked it up today...
translated into English literally as "old long since",
or more idiomatically, "long long ago" or "days gone by".
Surely I am not the only one, that can not wait to bid "fare-well" to 2009!

I also came across this poem by William Arthur Ward
that I thought was appropriate for ringing in 2010:

“Another fresh new year is here . . .
Another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt, and fear,
To love and laugh and give!

This bright new year is given me
To live each day with zest . . .
To daily grow and try to be
My highest and my best!

I have the opportunity
Once more to right some wrongs,
To pray for peace, to plant a tree,
And sing more joyful songs!”

I am raising my champagne glass to toast all of you a happy, healthy & prosperous New Year!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Love it :) Happy New Year Brooke!

Marianne said...

I love reading your blog, it's so good. Looking forward to 2010!                                

Brooke's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive