Monday, May 17, 2010

4 Years, 9 Months & 8 days...

Well, the wait is over... and boy it was worth it!!!
Ian & I are ENGAGED!!!
Ian had planned a surprise birthday get-away weekend for me and sprung it on me last week. I had to work at convention in Freeport, ME on Friday, so he arranged to have his best friend Doug (who is here visiting from Colorado for the week) drive him to meet me & then keep his car for the weekend. After I got out of the convention, he met me at the hotel with bags and coolers packed of wish I was instructed to NOT go into!
He ended up taking me to one of our favorite places... Jonesport, ME. For those of you who are not familiar with the "Down East" part of Maine, we were North East of Bar Harbor & Acadia National Park. It is a quaint lobster village by the sea... quintessential New England! We stayed at the Cranberry Cove Cottages where we had been several years ago and were welcomed by the warm hospitality of Dorothy Rose & Dennis Higgins.
Friday night we laid low, relaxed by the fire and just unwound.
On Saturday, we headed out to explore the area, did some antiquing, bought some local artwork and explored Beals Island. Ian had told me that he had planned to make me a special lobster birthday dinner, when we got back to the cottage. (He had already packed all my favorite fixings to accompany the lobster in the cooler: Brie & Crackers, Corn-on-the-Cob, rice, green beans & salad). At about 4:30pm we headed down to Lobster Co-Op down by the wharf and bought our lobster right off the fishing boats that had just pulled their traps! As we were heading back to the cottage Ian decided to make a quick detour to a remote pier we had been to before. He reminded me of the pictures I had taken there before,
so insisted that I bring my camera.
We walked down to the end of the pier and were just admiring the beautiful surroundings. I started to take some pictures and as I turned around, Ian was down on one knee. As he asked me to marry him, I started to cry and forgot to answer him! He asked me again and of course I said YES!!! Now the tricky part... we were both so nervous that we would drop the ring off of the pier!!! Ian carefully maneuvered it and put it securely on my finger.
It was truly a magical moment!!!


After, taking some pictures, we headed back to our cottage where Ian had Dom Perignon & strawberries waiting for us to celebrate! We ended our special day with a FABULOUS lobster dinner and LOTS of phone calls!!!


This is such an exciting time for us and we can not wait to celebrate with family & friends!
Here are some more pictures from the engagement weekend:

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy and excited for you both! Congratulations!

jcmorris1 said...

Congrats again! So excited for you guys!

Judy said...

Brooke-I am so excited for you and Ian, cannot wait to meet him. Ian-you got a great girl-take care of her! Now- when is the big day?!! Love Judy Coulter

Prochyus said...

How very exciting! Congratulations! Thanks for including me in hearing your great news!

Anonymous said...

I called Joe when i received your e-mail to read the story together. I had tears in my eyes as I was reading outloud to Joe. We are very happy for the two of you. Joe sais he always knew that Ian had in him. It just tooke four years nine months and eight to make the perfect plan. Typical Danahy....

Love
Zinha and Joe

Catherine said...

Great story! Your boy waited about as long as mine did :) Enjoy this super special time together.

Barb said...

Brooke & Ian, I am so thrilled for you both....you have done this the right way...by becoming good friends first. Your excitement and passion brought tears to my eyes.
I wish you the absolute best on the rest of your journey...
Love you guys!

dan said...

Brooke and Ian:
Jayne and I wish you all the best. Dan

kimberly said...

OMG BROOKE!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Russ Sacco just forwarded your e-mail to me!!! I'm sooooooo excited for both of you!!!

xoxoxox
Kim

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I wish you guys a lifetime of love and happiness!

Paul

Anonymous said...

Brooke,

Congratulations! And I saw the pics of your house, it's gorgeous! All the best to you both.

-Angela D.

Brooke's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive